Liverpool 1989 – 1991 | Retro Home
The 1989-1990 and 1990-1991 seasons hold a special place in every Liverpool fan’s heart. This kit is remembered as the last season in which Liverpool won the English first division – in the 1989-1990 season. The team was managed by the fan-favorite Kenny Dalglish. The team’s top goalscorer was John Barnes with 22 league goals and 28 goals in total through all competitions. The shock FA cup defeat came in the semi-finals against Crystal Palace when Liverpool suffered a 4-3 defeat.
It was increasingly enhanced by the fact that Liverpool won against Crystal Palace 9-0 in the league, so it’s safe to say that this FA Cup result was one of the most shocking events in the history of the English Premier League. Their biggest competitors at the time were Everton and Aston Villa. However, Liverpool managed the 9-point lead by the end of the season thanks to the strong finish which saw Liverpool winning the seven of the last nine matches, with the other two being draws.
In the 1990-1991 season, Liverpool were much less successful, finishing 2nd in the First Division, and Kenny Dalglish stepping down from his poisition in early February after a dramatic 4-4 draw against local rivals Everton. Yet, their second place meant they finished in the two first positions of the First Division for ten (10!) straight years, which is an incredible accomplishment.
Notable Players: Kenny Dalglish, Ian Rush, John Aldridge, John Barnes, Jan Mølby, Ray Houghton, Gary Gillespie, Ronny Rosenthal
- This is a brand new jersey with its tags attached. It has never been worn, washed or used.
- The jersey is 100% polyester. It’s breathable, and made for a life on the move.
- Fully customizable with the name and number of your favourite player or even yours! Just choose the Custom Jersey Option and then message us your desired name and number or write them in the order’s notes at checkout.
- We always recommend hand-washing this item to ensure it stays in mint condition.
We’d always recommend buying to size. They fit nicely with what your normal shirt/jersey size is. If you need a little guide, this may help.
We don’t charge for numbers or letters – they’re on us.
- If you’d like to add a name or number, then do so by simply entering your name in the ‘Optional Name’ bar above. We’d recommend trying to limit letters to 8 per item.
- If you’d like to add a number, then do so by simply entering your number in the ‘Optional Number’ bar above. We’d recommend trying to limit numbers to one or two numbers maximum.
- IF A SHIRT IS ADVERTISED AS HAVING A NAME & NUMBER ON… Then unless you declare that you do not wish to have anything on the back, we will print as advertised.
You may return any item within 30 days of receiving the item in the original condition for a full refund of the price you paid for the item.
Once a name or number has been printed on a shirt we will not offer a refund unless the shirt is faulty. The same applies if a player leaves the club or changes his squad number during his time at the club
We ship worldwide – for all other territories please enter your shipping address at checkout for an accurate delivery estimate. Delivery typically takes 2 weeks, but may take slightly more due to high order volume. We provide free shipping to all.